Eating, Drinking, & Linking; Oh My!

Too much time this last week was devoted to my portfolio and last grad class. Finally, things are wrapping up and I'll have more time to craft, cook, and blog!


Because this week was so hectic, I didn't feel much like cooking anything too much. A tried and true "semi-homemade" from my Dad is a jazzed up frozen pizza. Frozen pizza can get a bit of a bad rap, but with a couple of extras it can taste a whole lot better.


First, I browned a pound of hamburger in the microwave. Love these two Pampered Chef items. The utensil is great for browning hamburger, it comes a part great. The container is microwave safe, I think it's suppose to be a rice cooker, however it's perfect for draining off grease.


While the hamburger is browning, I cook a 4 cheese frozen pizza as directed on the box. I like just having cheese and adding the toppings I want to it. I usually sprinkle the pizza with chili powder for more flavor. This time I added a few red pepper flakes, though not nearly enough to be much different than usual. I let the pizza cook until about 3-5 minutes before the box says to pull it out.


Once the time dings, I add the browned hamburger and let it finish the last 3-5 minutes in the oven. Sometimes topping with cheese again. Toppings are varied by the people eating, sometimes pepperoni or more veggies. This time, it was the hubs favorite, just plain ol' beef. Pretty easy meal.

What recipes are you loving or trying this summer? What about restaurant recommendations? {Anyone who has been to Vegas and knows of something fabulous, I'd love to hear about it} Be sure to link up your favorites all summer long!




4 comments

  1. Congratulations on finishing your work so that you can finally enjoy summer! I have both of those Pampered Chef products and absolutely love them! I was a little hesitant to buy the utensil, but now I use it all the time!
    Have a great (and relaxing) summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't ever thought about doctoring up a frozen pizza. I could totally handle that. I even know how to brown hamburger...shocking, I know! This might even make me be considered a talented chef. So trying this!!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to sell Pampered Chef, and I totally love both of those items :) Actually, it's not the rice cooker, but it is recommended for browning hamburger. I have the smaller one as well, and it's equally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds easy and looks delicious - a perfect combination. Thank you!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!