September Swap & Share: Collaboration Cuties' Pronoun Pirates


We've been in the midst of a grammar boot camp over the last couple of weeks. Although, I had a review of the basic parts of speech at the start of the year, we needed to go a little more in depth... step in Pronoun Pirates: Subject, Object & Possessive Pronoun Practice from the lovely ladies at the Collaboration Cuties.

I was pretty excited to be paired with Stacia for this product swap. She is co-author of the the Collaboration Cuties blog, a wonderful resource for upper elementary bloggers. I'm always finding new, easy to implement ideas from their blog, and I've made many purchases from their store. My student's always love working with the various centers and lessons I've picked up from these ladies; I knew this pronoun pack would be no different.

The packet is full of posters, practice sheets (with keys), a quiz, and a pronoun sort that was a great informal assessment for me. My students enjoyed the fun pirate theme (making me wish I that we would have participated more in 'talk like a pirate day' last week).

We started by filling out foldables with the definition and examples.
Students working on independent practice from one of the included worksheets. We also did one "showdown" style. I showed a question at a time on the projector & students wrote the needed pronoun on their iPad.

Then my students favorite part: the sort!
They were challenged to do it without looking at their foldables. They were honest and did a pretty great job without that aid.

 It was a successful group of lessons, thanks greatly due to the gals at Collaboration Cuties. Be sure to check out their blog and store; you won't be disappointed!





1 comment

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!